Sunday 6 January 2019

Dave Wellings - On Bonnet Centre Buffers



 I first noticed that Bumble's centre buffers were nowhere near the bonnets when closed. 

So I fitted longer Allen Bolts with dome head nuts, and used washers to space the buffers thus:


This is not especially tidy, but does the job.

On the Roadster, the bonnets are even further away, and I discovered that lower damper bushes are the right size. 
The nearside needed a few mm shaving off. 

They look a bit over the top, but I'll see how we go with them:



The thing is, as standard they do nothing.............

******************************************************************
Replacement brackets are an option, but being so visible will take a bit of fettling to look 'factory' spec. 
If I get some time though....................

UPDATE: Interestingly, on my 2016 Plus 4, these buffers just touch the insides of the bonnets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Morgan Centenary Trim Pack

  The Morgan Centenary Trim Pack During The Centenary of The Morgan Motor Company the owners of new Morgans in build were offered the variou...